Monday, October 28, 2013

Our First Exercise: Who Are You Again?

So 2 weeks ago we drove down to my in-laws to drop my children off so we can attend a wedding the next day. The drive up was pretty blah. My husband drove. I can tell he was pretty annoyed or irritated. I wasn’t sure if something was bothering him or if he was just in one of his moods. Later that evening, I recalled him making a snark remark under his breath, something along the lines of, “You were just on your phone the whole way up to my parents.” Which was accurate. SO, when we went to pick up the kids a couple of days later, I switched up a little. I took out my phone and as soon as I did that he turned on the music. I quickly interrupted him and told him not to get too into the song because I am just pulling out some questions for us to talk about. I used the questions I posted on an earlier blog about getting to know each other every year. He almost looked shocked. It was like being in the car with a whole new person.His whole demeanor changed within a second! We only got up until question 12 in that hour, but we had an amazing conversation and so many great laughs. Now those are the memories I want to build with my man. We even ended up stopping for a little shopping on the way up before picking up the kids. I am so glad I tried it and I hope everyone else does too! A little sure does go a long way sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment